Religious Identity: I'm a Believer!  

Posted by: Bob McGarry

I grew up in a household that did not always stress religious practices. We went to church and put up a Christmas tree, but that was the extent of it all.

When I was about eleven I got very involved in my church. Whether it was donating my time and efforts or just striving for a closer relationship with God I was part of it.

My whole life I have loved reading myths and other religious texts, and around the time I was 16 I began to realize how much certain religions have in common. So while I still love my Christian faith, I also advocate understanding and respecting other religions.

And, to tell the truth, I take a lot of the morals from different religions and apply them to my like as well. It’s somewhat complicated, but it works and definitely promotes a more peaceful understanding of all faiths.

This entry was posted on 2:29 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment